STUDENT FURNITURE FOR ALL
Learning without boundaries requires flexibility. Student-centered, active learning needs adaptable furnishings. Fun, mobile classroom furniture is easily reconfigured to accommodate teaching styles, student spaces, collaboration centers and more.
In 2017, artcobell received over 1,200 responses to our survey from teachers, creating a powerful voice that impacts the design and manufacture of our furniture.
Believe the “front of the classroom” can be anywhere.
Believe furniture plays an important role in the education process.
Believe the ability to reconfigure furniture allows teachers to engage more with students.
PROJECT BASED LEARNING
With PBL (Project Based Learning), students work in teams on a long-term project that investigates a real-life problem or challenging question.
BENEFITS OF PROJECT BASED LEARNING
- Long-term projects require long-term, team commitments
- Builds understanding of individual member strengths
- Enhances ability to effectively deligate and trust team members
- Improves communication skills between members
- Encourages conflict resolution
- Prepares students for critical thinking needed in the job market
Active Learning engages students in the learning process. It requires them to participate in the learning process by doing and think about what they are doing and why they are doing it.
BENEFITS OF ACTIVE LEARNING
- Improved enthusiasm for learning among students
- Enhances ability to problem-solve within a peer group
- Introduces critical and creative thinking
- Engages students that struggle with lecture-based learning
- Maintains student concentration and focus
- Improves oral communication skills
Cooperative Learning (also called Collaborative Learning) brings together small teams of students with different levels of ability, working face-to-face, and using learning activities to improve their understanding of a subject. Group projects require teams of students to collaborate and cooperate with each other to produce better results than they could as individuals.
BENEFITS OF COOPERATIVE LEARNING
- Raises student achievement
- Develops higher understanding as students teach each other
- Builds positive relationships between students
- Creates a learning community that values diversity
- Develops both good learning skills and social skills